Ok, so I've been convinced to try out blogging. I've done something similar in the past, but it was a sporadic thing at best. It's always fun to share your life and experiences with others, though. So...here goes...I'm a 31 year old nurse. I kind of played around for years trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I worked geriatrics for a number of years, and then moved on to working in a hospital. I've discovered that nursing is my great love. I took care of adult patients for a number of years, but moved to a Newborn Intensive Care Unit about a year ago. I LOVE it!!! It is the best job in the entire universe!
I'm the oldest of 7 kids. Two of my younger sibs are married, but so far there have been no nieces or nephews; however, I have many cousins with young children who have become basically my nieces and nephews. I don't think I could love them more if they really were.
I currently live with 2 cats and a friend (temporarily). My cats are Oliver (3 years old) and Gizmo (4 years old). Oliver's my big chubby baby and Gizmo is, well he's Gizmo. He had a brain injury as a kitten and is very unique to say the least. My friend Shelly is living with me while working on applying for a greencard/visa for her husband, who is currently still in his native South Africa, waiting patiently.
I grew up all over the Midwest of the United States. I went to 4 elementary schools in 4 states, and had lived in 6 states by the time I was 14. My parents settled in Missouri when I turned 14. I, on the other hand, moved to their home state of Utah, on my own when I turned 20 and have been here since. I love the snowy white winters and the lack of humidity, but sure miss the green. Also, all of my grandparents and the majority of my extended family are here.
Ok, so that's a bit of me, in a nutshell. I just got off a verrrry long night shift and my eyes are not staying open very well. I must sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....................
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment