Summer is sure slipping quickly away. I've been noticing that the days are certainly getting shorter and that they are slowly getting cooler as well.
At the end of last month, beginning of this month, I was able to go home and be there for the weddings of two of my siblings. Tom and Margo and Am and Nathan are now officially "Mr.'s and Mrs's". It was great to see all my family. It is way too infrequent that we are all able to get together.The brides were beautiful and the grooms were beeming with pride in their wonderful wives. Plus, the rest of us just enjoyed chatting and goofing around.
Being in Missouri in the middle of a heat wave reminded me of what I don't miss about the midwest...the HUMIDITY! The day Am got married it was in the 90's F and greater tbethan 70 percent humidity. It was so hot that the cheese at the luncheon was melting, in the shade!
I did get the chance to pass through KC between the weddings. It really is a pretty city and I'm actually starting to get antsy/excited/nervous about the idea of moving there. I've been researching job and housing opportunities and there are some great ones (of both). I'm not ready to move yet, but I'm working up to it. I just need to see what happens with Grandma.
Work is good. I love caring for the boys. They are so cute :). My family is good, as well. Am and Nathan are here in the valley for the next few months, living in Grandma's house. Am has a student teaching internship and Nathan has a job at the U. Tom and Margo are still in Happy Valley, while Tom finishes his Masters in ME. It's fun having them all so close. They have loads of fun plans for camping, hiking, etc. for the next month or two. Yay!
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment