Monday, February 16, 2009

I don't get it!

So, everyone's posting their '25 Things About Me' on Facebook. I'd give in to the peer pressure, but I've decided to put my own spin on things. Here's my version:

Things I Just Don't 'Get'!

1. When you wear baggy pants, the waistband of which is below your hiney, WHY WEAR A BELT?

2. Why do some girls tease their hair so much that it looks half as long and they look like they are balloon heads?

3. Why do kids (and most adults...*GUILTY*) sit around complaining about 'nothing to do' and yet when offered the options, don't want to do any of them?

4. Why does winter seem so long and summer just fly by?

5. Why do the years get shorter and quicker the older you get? What happened to the past five years?!

6. Why do light colored animals shed all over you when you are wearing dark clothes and dark animals when you are wearing light colors?

7. Why do clothing manufacturers only make clothes to fit women of a certain shape, a shape that I know NOONE who actually fits?

8. Why do my favorite shows always have reruns on the weeks I'm home and the new episodes air when I work?

9. Why is chocolate so darn addictive?

10. Why does your body hurt equally if you sit on your tush all day or if you do a full workout?

11. Why do we women have to cramp, bloat, and be emotional rollercoasters? Can't we just pick one?!

12. Why are kids so very aggravating one moment and so cute you just want to love them to pieces the next?

13. When you pay $$$ for an item, it breaks down the next month, but when you hardly squeeze out a dime for something else, it NEVER runs down?

14. Why do two people who are totally different often get along so much better than two people who are very alike?

15. Why are guys obsessed with finding Miss Perfect and not obsessed with becoming Mr. Perfect, themselves?

16. Speaking of guys...where are the nice guys (not perfect, just nice...and single) in my age group? Anyone?

17. What is it about the changing of the seasons that makes us so antsy for change, new beginnings?

18. Why is it so hard to save up for the big, important things and so easy to waste money on silly little things?

19. Why do people who smoke think it doesn't affect others around them (like downstairs neighbors who smoke indoors and smoke me OUT!)?

20. Why do people hate being in Nursery? ( I love it, I just wish I could stop sleeping in and missing it!)

21. Why isn't it any fun to go to the gym alone?

22. Why don't most gyms stay open all night? (I could seriously get in shape with all that free time I usually have!)

23. Why is it that you can be starving and nothing sounds good to eat? (I think this goes with the bored and nothing sounds fun question)

24. Why do the people I love have to live so far from each other? I can live near some of them at a time, but not all of them. :~(

25. Why did I take the time to do this? No, seriously, I have several other things I could be doing! :)

Hope you enjoyed! Tell me, what kinds of things do you not get?

1 comments:

kate's rebellion - president said...

Jo, if it's a consilation, I don't get it either. And I don't get a lot of things you DIDN'T mention eithier. Go figure.

the word I had to type to post this comment is: utica