Monday, April 27, 2009

Crazy mountain spring!

Spring just can't seem to make up its mind to be here or not.
Last Thursday, it reached about 80F here. We spent the afternoon at the zoo. The lovely weather encouraged the animals to be active and the girls enjoyed it immensely. Jayne spent the night at my house that night. While I cooked dinner, she 'fished' off my deck with my jumprope. We put together puzzles and watched part of Pinocchio after dinner, until her bed time. The apartment was so warm that I had to turn on the A/C to cool it down enough to sleep.
This weather didn't last. By Friday night, the weather had cooled drastically and it was chilly and rainy the rest of the weekend. I even had to add another blanket to my bed last night so I could sleep. Ah, the contradictions of spring in the mountains!
Today was bright, sunny, and windy. Tammy, the girls, and I took advantage of the day and stepped out on the Jordan River Parkway. Tammy took off with the stroller and two younger girls the first half. Sara and I walked that half together. Her poor 6 year old legs had enough, and after a few minutes on a playground with Jayne (Abby had fallen asleep), the three of them piled into the stroller and Tammy and I took turns pushing it while alternatively fastwalking/jogging back. Great exercise!
Oh, I had a call this morning from a nursing recruiter at one of the hospitals I applied at. She called before I was up, and when I returned her call, I got her voicemail. Maybe she'll call back tomorrow?!
Well, that's all she wrote folks... Next installment another day!

0 comments: