Monday, October 5, 2009

Changes

(Oliver and Pippin)

This past week, I was perusing the website for a local animal shelter. As I scanned the pictures of cats waiting to be adopted, a photo caught my eye. I couldn't believe it! The cat looked just like Oliver. I mean, JUST like Oliver! I tried calling the shelter to find out for sure, but they told me that they had so many cats right now that I would have to come in and see for myself.

That afternoon, Liz and I showed up the instant the doors opened at the shelter. I saw the cat the instant we entered the kitty area. Sure enough, he looked just like Oliver, but he wasn't him. No healed broken tail, not scared of people, a little too tall, his paw pads are not all pink, and he's a bit young.

As much as this cat wasn't Oliver, he was very lovey, young and playful and had been at the shelter long enough that apparently his time was coming up. The shelter attendant all but begged me to take him home. Soooo....to round up the long story, the cat came home with me.

After a name changed (from Ty to Pippin) and a few days of adjustment, Figaro has a new best buddy and is a much happier cat.

Life is moving on.

0 comments: