I'm a wimp, a coward, a fraidy cat. I'm too afraid to reach out for what I really want in life. Many days I have a hard time dealing with the stress/loneliness/responsibilities of life. Those days, it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed. I tend to hide behind a book or craft project and try to pretend. I pretend the responsibilities/heartaches/stress of life will just go away if I ignore them long enough. I know it isn't true. My house will not clean myself. My dogs get ornery if I don't pay enough attention to them. I have to work [I really love my job, I do].
If I don't get up and moving, my house becomes gross...my dogs go crazy...I don't actually achieve anything. Crawling into my hidey hole will not help me make friends, lose weight, turn my home and yard into what I dream they can be. I will never get my BSN or RNC-NIC if I don't get moving. I won't feel comfortable inviting people over to my messy home. I won't make new friends and will have a hard time keeping those I actually have.
I know all this. And yet, I'm still a wimp.
6 years ago
4 comments:
We are SO SIMILAR. Please text me on days like today. I was off work! We could've been lazy together, at least!
Also, when you actually sign up for the RNC test, it puts the fear in you and gets your rear in gear! Haha
we also have a lot in common... crazy! and i agree with therese about the rnc test - it will force you to get through it! and you can come to my messy home any time... and i promise i don't judge! :)
Thanks girls! You can bet you'll probably be hearing from me on my days off...if I can drag myself out of bed.
Post a Comment