Today was a great day.
I was awake nice and early this morning despite the fact I couldn't sleep until 01:30 last night. Amazingly enough, I was actually bright eyed and chipper. (For those of you who actually know me, you may be aware that this is extremely unusual for early morning! I'm just NOT a morning person!!!)
Being so extremely peppy, I decided to actually eat breakfast. The only problem was that I didn't exactly have much food in the house. So, I did what I usually do when such a situation arises... I called Tammy! Of course, she was thrilled by the idea of getting out of the house and we hit IHOP for breakfast.
Following IHOP, Tammy needed to take Molly - her sister's dog - to her parents' house. As we were going to be headed there anyhow, she got the bright idea of us hopping in the hot tub while we were there. It was heavenly! The jets worked out most of the kinks in my shoulders that have built up over the past week. The only problem with sitting in the hot tub is that it made me ready to go back to sleep...and slightly cooked my brain!
After hot tubbing, we hit Denny's for lunch. All this eating out reminded me of my extreme need for home cooked food. Petsmart and then the Harmon's later, I was stocked up. Somewhere along the way, we gathered odd looks teaching the girls the chicken dance in the car and had to mediate all out battles over the carts with little cars attached to them at the store. The little girls were beat and ready for naps.
Sara and I, however, were still on the go. We dropped Tammy and the little ones off at home and headed to Target. My objective at Target was to find a bird feeder to create 'live cat TV' for Gizmo and Oliver. As I walked into the store, I noticed that Target had swimsuits on sale! While hot tubbing earlier, I had noticed that my swimsuit had acquired a hole in the side seam and was heading downhill fast. After trying on a couple of swimsuits and trying to decide, with the oh so not helpful opinions of a 5 year old, I ended up buying both of them! Oh, and then I had to remember my original reason to go to the store. I did end up with a lovely hummingbird feeder and pretty lights to hang either on my deck or in my bedroom. Of course, Sara got chocolate, so her day was complete.
I finally made it home and crashed for about 2 hours, playing online, checking email, etc. Around 8, my friends Stacey and Tricia showed up on the doorstep as planned. I was chatting with a friend and a WEE bit distracted when they arrived. We started trying to plan our 'California adventure', but I couldn't focus very well until they laid down the law and I stuck to just one conversation at a time! :) Anyhow, long story short...we are booked at a motel in Anaheim for the 23-26 and one in San Diego the 27-29. YAY!
The three of us were starving, so we hit Biaggi's for dinner. Did you know that even on a Friday, there really isn't much of a line to eat at 21:30? It was great! We got right in, got served quickly. It was YUMMY! Around 23:00, we made it back to my house, where the other two girls hopped online and discussed boys and online dating and other such nonsense! ;)
Somewhere in the midst of our original planning session, my little sis, Amethyst showed up on my doorstep. She'll be here with me until Tuesday, when she flies home. She stayed at the apartment while we went out and had loooong chats with her honey. When my friends left, Am and I had a short powow and now....after this incredibly fruitful day, I'm going to crashhhhhhhhh. *YAAAAAAAAAAAAwwwwwN!*
I was awake nice and early this morning despite the fact I couldn't sleep until 01:30 last night. Amazingly enough, I was actually bright eyed and chipper. (For those of you who actually know me, you may be aware that this is extremely unusual for early morning! I'm just NOT a morning person!!!)
Being so extremely peppy, I decided to actually eat breakfast. The only problem was that I didn't exactly have much food in the house. So, I did what I usually do when such a situation arises... I called Tammy! Of course, she was thrilled by the idea of getting out of the house and we hit IHOP for breakfast.
Following IHOP, Tammy needed to take Molly - her sister's dog - to her parents' house. As we were going to be headed there anyhow, she got the bright idea of us hopping in the hot tub while we were there. It was heavenly! The jets worked out most of the kinks in my shoulders that have built up over the past week. The only problem with sitting in the hot tub is that it made me ready to go back to sleep...and slightly cooked my brain!
After hot tubbing, we hit Denny's for lunch. All this eating out reminded me of my extreme need for home cooked food. Petsmart and then the Harmon's later, I was stocked up. Somewhere along the way, we gathered odd looks teaching the girls the chicken dance in the car and had to mediate all out battles over the carts with little cars attached to them at the store. The little girls were beat and ready for naps.
Sara and I, however, were still on the go. We dropped Tammy and the little ones off at home and headed to Target. My objective at Target was to find a bird feeder to create 'live cat TV' for Gizmo and Oliver. As I walked into the store, I noticed that Target had swimsuits on sale! While hot tubbing earlier, I had noticed that my swimsuit had acquired a hole in the side seam and was heading downhill fast. After trying on a couple of swimsuits and trying to decide, with the oh so not helpful opinions of a 5 year old, I ended up buying both of them! Oh, and then I had to remember my original reason to go to the store. I did end up with a lovely hummingbird feeder and pretty lights to hang either on my deck or in my bedroom. Of course, Sara got chocolate, so her day was complete.
I finally made it home and crashed for about 2 hours, playing online, checking email, etc. Around 8, my friends Stacey and Tricia showed up on the doorstep as planned. I was chatting with a friend and a WEE bit distracted when they arrived. We started trying to plan our 'California adventure', but I couldn't focus very well until they laid down the law and I stuck to just one conversation at a time! :) Anyhow, long story short...we are booked at a motel in Anaheim for the 23-26 and one in San Diego the 27-29. YAY!
The three of us were starving, so we hit Biaggi's for dinner. Did you know that even on a Friday, there really isn't much of a line to eat at 21:30? It was great! We got right in, got served quickly. It was YUMMY! Around 23:00, we made it back to my house, where the other two girls hopped online and discussed boys and online dating and other such nonsense! ;)
Somewhere in the midst of our original planning session, my little sis, Amethyst showed up on my doorstep. She'll be here with me until Tuesday, when she flies home. She stayed at the apartment while we went out and had loooong chats with her honey. When my friends left, Am and I had a short powow and now....after this incredibly fruitful day, I'm going to crashhhhhhhhh. *YAAAAAAAAAAAAwwwwwN!*
0 comments:
Post a Comment