Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home...sweet home?!

After a day at Sea World, another at the San Diego Wild Animal Park and Old Town San Diego, we came home today. BRRRRR!

Yesterday, San Diego started to cool down a bit and by the evening, it was in the lower 60's. This trend continued and followed us northeast. By the time we reached the middle of Utah, we were hitting temperatures in the 30's and SNOW!!!! One nice week of 90+ weather and back we returned to winter?

I was quite prolific in my picture taking this week and have discovered my laptop's picture holding capacity. There are approximately 300 pictures sitting on my camera, just waiting for me to make space for them. I plan to make CD's of all the pics both for myself and for Stacey and Tricia. Just one more project for tomorrow....along with unpacking, laundry, getting souvenirs to my girls, and catching up on the latest with Tammy and Shelly.

Hm, a couple other tidbits on our trip. I got voted the 'annoying little sister' (first time for everything! ....and I was informed that 'annoying' isn't always bad and is quite relative!), Tricia was our 'Mommy' and Stacey was the 'annoying big sister'.

Did I mention that somewhere along the way on our trip, I caught a doozy of a cold? What a downer for a vacation!!! Oh well, I just kept plodding on and self medicating and managed to still have fun.

I discovered on Monday that I had a ton of red bumps all over my arms where they had been exposed to the sun/ sunburnt. It was quite itchy and I thought maybe I had heat rash. By Tuesday, I discovered that I was wrong....they were BLISTERS! I haven't burnt so badly in years! And only once before in my life. I'm just glad it was just on my arms, not on my back, legs, face, etc.

I got two separate exciting calls while on my trip. My sister Amethyst is getting married on August 5 in Missouri and my brother Tom is getting married July 29 in Oklahoma! I'm so excited for them and for getting to see my whole family this summer!!! Now, only to get ppl. to take shifts for me...

Did I mention that I'm tired and I'm wasting time so that I won't feel so guilty about not unpacking right now? Ok, maybe I'll unpack some of it. *Sigh*

Pictures are pending...based on when I can upload them.

0 comments: