This weekend, I had a whole two days off work. To celebrate having a weekend off, Tom and Margo, Am and Nathan, Margo's brother, Kate, and I went camping in Provo Canyon. It was gorgeous, cold, and a blast!!
After a lovely breakfast of pancakes and bacon, we (all but Margo's bro) set off on a lovely trail up the back of Mt. Timpanogos. The weather was perfect, the leaves were changing colors, the air was fresh. We explored waterfalls, played in trees and just had fun. Other than my rebellious joints and lungs, it was great! Early afternoon, Tom and Margo, Kate and I turned back with Am and Nathan pressing on. Kate and I proceeded back to my place, where we freshened up and took off for an evening of shopping (Kate's main purpose for coming down this weekend anyhow!).
Yesterday was my first day in my new calling. I'm in the nursery, which is pretty much the most fun place to be in church. The other leader and I are just newly called and are working on getting things organized, so we just let the kids play this week and had snacks. We have some pretty darn cute kids in our group, including two EXTREMELY energetic little boys from Korea who don't really know English. So much fun! I guess the Church has put out a new lesson manual for Nursery this year and it's supposed to be wonderful. I can't wait to get it!
2 comments:
Jo, I'm so glad you have a blog. isn't blogging fun! Love ya
Hey Jo I found your blog through Candy. How are you? It is Melissa from west six. It is good to see you which NICU are you working in? take care
Post a Comment