Thursday, July 23, 2009

I flew in on a jet plane

It seems I have been remiss in updating many persons. The answer is- Yes, I AM currently in Utah. I know, I know, it's only been two months and I should be working and finding a place of my own and all that jazz (believe me, I KNOW!). Well, I do start working...but not until next Monday. I was 'hired' more than a month ago, but the first orientation group they could squeeze me into wasn't until the end of this month.
This week turned out quite fortuitous for me visiting 'my' girls and assorted loved ones I've been missing like crazy. Kate finishes this semester, well, yesterday. She has 6 weeks off and is headed home this weekend. My dad planned a trip out here to coincide with driving Kate home, but mainly to wrap things up with my Aunt/Uncle re. my Grandma's will and remaining possessions that have yet to be divvied up. I only had to buy a one way ticket out and will get to help them drive the Budget truck and my grandparents Explorer back.
Oh, and did I mention that the title to my car has gone AWOL? The registration ran out the end of June, but I didn't renew in UT because I knew I would be registering it out east. So, instead, it's holed up at my parents' and I'm driving one of their vehicles. After getting the run around with the DMV and bank (apparently the bank didn't release the lien 2 YEARS AGO!), I'm not much closer to having a copy of the title yet. I just hope I can apply for it via mail. So, that's my life this while. At least this week has been eventful and not boring for a change! :)
Pictures of my week to come eventually...

0 comments: