Sorry, I know it's been a long time. I just haven't had much internet access lately. So, my life? Well, I am working full time as a PRN nurse at KUMC, more than full time really. They are busting at the seams with preemies and sick infants and just don't have enough staff to keep up. I could work every night, or day, or both...they tend to call about every other night that I'm not working to see if I would be willing to pick it up.
The nursery reminds me much of the NICU at LDSH before we moved to IMC. It's been a bit of an adjustment getting used to the sensory overload of all the alarms in one room again. All of the basic concepts of neonatal care are the same, but methodologies and protocols are somewhat different and it's definitely been a period of adjustment.
This weekend, and the beginning of next week, I am on the hunt for an apartment. The plan is to get an apartment on a short term lease, get out on my own and financially set, then go househunting to buy a place. The KC area market is ideal for buyers right now and with the money my dad is giving each of us from his inheritance, I'm in a good position to be buying.
I'm starting to make friends at work, but as of yet, I don't have much (any) social life out here yet. There is an LDS 'Mid-singles' group (27-35) out here. I've emailed them that I'm interested, but so far, no activities have been scheduled. I'm looking forward to meeting people.
I finally got my car registered in Kansas yesterday, only to find the screws holding the Utah license plate on had rusted to the point we will have to drill them out! I finally got the plate off, but the screw head on one of the screws snapped off rather than unscrewing.
My computer gave up the ghost yesterday, finally. It's been threatening for a while, but when I turned it on yesterday, Windows wouldn't even load and the program to repair errors had disappeared. I headed to the store, and now have a newer, faster, bigger and better laptop (HP) with a much stronger Wi-fi connectivity. I now can actually connect online indoors!
Kate's hanging with me for the weekend. We did a fair amount of shopping yesterday, and today attempted apartment hunting. With the rain and other complications, we ended up at home, hunting online instead.
Well, that pretty much sums up my life at the time. I hope to find my own place soon and get a better, more secure internet connection. At that point I will do better at this blogging thing, I promise!
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment