Saturday, September 5, 2009

My baby's lost!!!

Today was a crazy day.
Kate and I headed out about midday to apartment hunt. The first apartment complex was ok, but a little iffy. When we arrived at the next complex, though, I fell in love. First of all, the complex is managed by the same company as the one I was living in out in Utah. Secondly, the area is GORGEOUS. The complex is set back from roads in a wooded hilly area. It's like living in a park/treehouse. I actually managed to sign a contract and move all my meager belongings currently with me into the apartment, all today.
When we were lugging the last load in, including the 'boys', my cat carrier came apart in my hands and my cats took off running. Figaro didn't go far, he cowered under a car until we got him. Oliver, on the other hand, took off into the woods. He headed over a steep, densely wooded hill. Kate spent about an hour combing the woods for him (the hills were really steep and my knees had an awfully hard time negotiating the climb). No luck. As of right now, my baby is out there somewhere, lost, scared, and without a clue how to survive. To say I'm stressed/worried is an understatement. I've put out food and a blanket he likes to lay on, outside my door. I'm on the top floor, but hopefully he'll find me. I'm praying hard!
After such an up and down day, I'm beat. Just thought I'd share.

0 comments: