Monday, February 15, 2010

Home sweet home?

This weekend, I entered the wondrous, strange, scary and intensely exciting world of home buying. I've never done this before, and as such, had no idea where to begin.
After receiving names and numbers of a couple of real estate agents from people I work with or know from church, I made a couple of calls/emails. Sure enough, I got a pretty quick response.
On Friday, Mom drove down to spend the weekend with me. We met with an agent on Saturday and sat down to discuss the nitty gritty of home buying. The agent even scrambled to have a few homes ready for me to get started on viewing.
Tomorrow, I meet with a mortgage broker to discuss getting preapproved and general financing info.
Oh boy, wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Maxfields said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maxfields said...

Congrats! Home buying, although stressful, is so FUN! If you run across anything you are unsure about, or need some Real Estate advice, give us a call. You know that is one of Pauls favorite topics!

Hurray for Joh! :)

I know you are rolling your eye's at the "h". But, I bet you smiled while you rolled them!

Hayley Locke said...

Good luck, have fun, and don't stress too much. I just went did this a year and a half ago. Just take your time.