Only 6 days until closing and 9 days until I start moving in!! Oh, and the loan is approved! This means it is official...I am going to be a homeowner.
As I am very excited, I feel the need to share all the things about becoming a homeowner that I am most looking forward to.
My 'Happy Thoughts' list:
1. A yard. A real yard... that is MINE. I can landscape, garden, mow, weed, play and generally have a WONDERFUL time!!!
2. I can decorate. If I want to paint my walls purple, green, orange, blue or tie-dye, I CAN. I can arrange, rearrange, construct, build walls, tear down walls, or any combination of the above.
3. I can finally get a dog. I love my kitties, but miss having a dog around. I haven't felt right about confining another dog to an apartment and now I will have the house and fenced in yard to accommodate a pup.
4. No walls, or ceilings, or floors shared with neighbors. When I'm awake at 0200 and in the mood to dance, sing, exercise, or even clean, I can do it without worry of disturbing neighbors.
5. A spare bedroom AND an office/sunroom/craftroom. I can craft/sew/scrapbook to my heart's content and not have to put things away to accommodate guest(s). I can build in shelves and organize my craft/sewing/scrapbooking supplies.
6. Along with the previous accommodating my craftiness, maybe I can look more into the whole foster parenting thing and reasonably have room for another person continuously in my life/home.
7. Storage! Finally! (Not to mention that the one storeroom in the basement is the perfect storm room...and I live in Tornado Alley)
8. Finally, I feel like I'm finally coming home. Really, truly home. I won't have to worry about what I'm going to do when the lease is up, where I'm going to live next year, whether I should bother settling in and getting to know people in my area...only to risk moving again soon. No, I'm going to be home, and, as far as I'm concerned, as of right now, it's for good.
6 years ago
1 comments:
That is so exciting! I want to see pictures when you start decorating. My house is all white except for the boys room which is tan. I know we are boring people.
Post a Comment