I knew there was some reason I dragged my feet starting the search to buy a house. Deep down, I must have known the paperwork alone would create one huge tidal wave of stress attempting to drag me down to the depths. Every time one paper is turned in to prep the mortgage brokers to turn in the application for underwriting, that paper seems to create another wave of "We need Form A to document and explain Form B"... and "Please write a letter of explanation and documentation for Forms A-H, just in case". The day that I got the email stating that only one more document was required, I was so relieved. This lasted two hours. Then I received another email stating that the form I had turned in required more documentation, in the form of 3 OTHER forms! Will it ever end?!
I am excited to become a homeowner, truly. I'm afraid that the stress of getting to that point, however, is wreaking havoc on my ability to sleep soundly. I'm a walking zombie half of the time lately because I'm having trouble getting more than 4 hours of actual good sleep. The day I receive notice that financing is set and closing is on track and schedule, I may just sleep for 24 hours!
6 years ago
2 comments:
I'm sorry. Good luck with it all. It will be worth it.
welcome to the world of home buying. It is a nightmare but worth it when it is all said and done.
We wish you the best of luck.
Post a Comment