Yesterday was a good day, an awesome day, one of the best days I've had in quite a while.
I did lunch with Therese at Rm. 39. Yum! We sat and talked for 2 hours straight. Eventually, we figured we should move on and stop making the nice waiter keep our water glasses full. We then headed back to my place, picked up the dogs, and headed to the park. Thanks to Lindsay, I now know that Shawnee Mission Park has an AWESOME dog area.
We took the trail to the lake and the boys had their first experience swimming. Made me wish I'd worn a swimsuit. The water was a wonderful temperature and it was roasting out. The only downside to the outing was the fact that the boys are a bit too friendly. As in, they freaked out when I wouldn't let them go and greet/play with every single other dog we saw, especially at the beach. They did great with the other dogs and people they were allowed to greet, but couldn't understand why I held them back. I just don't know other peoples' dogs and am not sure of the reception the boys might get.
After the park, we stopped at Sheridan's, got the boys pup cones and Therese had her first Sheridan's sundae. YUM again!
It was so very nice to have a friend to hang out with. It has been so long! Thanks Therese! I look forward to hanging out again!
6 years ago
2 comments:
Thank YOU! It was one of the best days I've had in a while as well. That waiter was really nice to keep refilling our glasses after we paid! Looking forward to more days off spent with a friend :-)
i'm glad you got to see shawnee mission dog park! i love it there... i need to go soon :)
Post a Comment