Friday, June 20, 2008

Families Can be Together Forever

The week finally culminated this morning with a funeral. Little Logan was laid to rest about 30 feet from my sister, Gwen. It was a beautiful ceremony and I was grateful for the chance to attend. I had a great sense of peace come over me as an uncle spoke of the divine nature and perfection of little ones and how Heavenly Father takes some home to Himself early to protect them from the envy and evil of the world. I know this was the case in this instance. Logan had a gigantic spirit in a miniscule body. You could see it shining brightly each time he 'spoke' to you with his eyes. This experience has given me a much greater understanding and appreciation of what my Mom went through when she lost Gwen. All these years, it has been kind of a vague reality that I have a sister that I can't remember. This has really made her more real to me. Altogether, as painful as it has been, this week has been very good for me. I think that maybe tonight I can sleep soundly for the first time in days. Sleep well, little Logan!

0 comments: