Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yecky, blecky sicky!

What a busy week. After a trip to the zoo, lots of swimming and a visit to my Grandma (who, for those of you following her progress, seems to be slowly going farther and farther downhill :( ), I was all psyched up to go back to work tonight.

Of course, my body had other plans for me. About 10 o'clock last night, my body started rejecting any and everything that I had ingested all day yesterday. I spent all night between my bed and the bathroom, completely miserable. I knew for sure that work wasn't happening tonight.

The last time I'd had a respiratory infection, the Dr. had prescribed me Phenergan with Codeine for my cough. I'd only used a bit of it and it has been sitting in my fridge since. Well, Phenergan is a great anti-nausea med, so when my stomach had calmed just enough to take it this morning, I took a dose. That was about 8. The rest of the day I spent completely gorked out. I made it to the bathroom and back a few times, but that was as alert as I could manage. The nausea thankfully went away and I managed to down a full bottle of Gatorade in between bathroom trips.

This evening I managed to spend enough time out of bed to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" and down a banana. This pretty much wore me out. Think I'll take another dose of the Phenergan so I can have a deep night's sleep tonight...

0 comments: